Local Match Community Calls (2022)
These conversations were recorded in preparation for a prior campaign year. As such, some of the information provided may be out of date.
Community (or “local” match funds) are donations or pledges that newsrooms secure on their own to increase the total amount of dollars matched by individuals during your NewsMatch campaign.
In a series of community calls, the NewsMatch team provides an overview of the local match process. Newsrooms also had the opportunity to connect with each other to discuss how the process works for them, troubleshoot challenges, and explore ideas for execution.
These sessions are for you if your newsroom is just starting to explore securing your own matches and has:
- An existing donor base to scan for prospects
- Existing relationships with a foundation or business that you can explore
Not ready to take this step yet? That’s ok! Consider using NewsMatch as an opportunity to build your base to power next year’s campaign effort.
Local Match Call #1
Local Match Call #2
Local Match Call #3
Local Match Call #4
- Guide: Community (or "local") match donor cycle
- Templates & Tips: Securing match funds from your community
- Examples: Leveraging community (or "local") matches during your campaign