What documentation will you accept to verify local matches?
In addition to completing the Index survey, you must also complete a NewsMatch Documentation Submission (via Submittable) to verify your eligibility. This will include the completion of a Match Cover Sheet and only one form of documentation dated Jan. 1 to Dec. 31, 2023, to verify the local matches that will be considered when determining your bonus award. Our team will be looking for information that clearly states the donor's intent to match donations you receive during NewsMatch dollar-for-dollar.
Documentation can take any of the following forms:
- Pledge form signed by donor (View Template)
- Letter of intent from donor
- Email confirmation from donor
- A scanned check or receipt
- A screenshot of a publicized acknowledgment that names the local match funder and their specific gift amount
*Please note, our team may reach out to you for additional information if your documentation does not make clear the donor’s intent to leverage their contribution as a matching gift during NewsMatch.