Schedule Office Hours
NewsMatch serves newsrooms with a range of experience with running fundraising campaigns. We asked earlier in the year what training you’d like more of. In response to your requests, we are providing one-on-one sessions with people who could help you think through a specific problem or case.
Keep in mind ...
More than 250 organizations are participating in NewsMatch 2021. To ensure we can serve as many organizations as possible, we ask that you follow the session rules below:
- State the goal of your session as clearly as possible. If you need to provide documentation, screenshots, or other information in advance, please send us an email. We will use this information to prepare a thoughtful response.
- Arrive on time. One-on-one sessions are only 25-minutes. We want to maximize the time we have together.
- Cancel or reschedule at least 24 hours in advance. No-shows or last-minute cancellations cause available time with a specialist to go unfilled. Out of consideration for other organizations that need assistance, please cancel or reschedule 24-hours in advance to allow the slot to be booked by someone else. No-shows will not be allowed to book another session.
- If it’s helpful to you, invite another team member to join! When booking, you will have the option to include additional people by listing their email address.
Run into any problems? Send an email to email@example.com.
General NewsMatch FAQ
I’m the program manager for NewsMatch. If you’re feeling overwhelmed about this year’s campaign and need help thinking through what to do next, book a time with me! I am an obsessed checklist-generator (maybe too obsessed?) and have experience thinking through campaign workflows. I’ve also got an eye for design and can provide feedback on your visual assets. All in all, I’d love to be a talking board for you to help define your next steps and a set clear path forward.
Topics I cover:
- Managing your campaign (what to do when)
- General NewsMatch FAQs
I am the Grants Administration Associate at The Miami Foundation, a NewsMatch partner. We’re your go-to for anything related to reporting, eligibility, and payments. Got questions about this year’s reporting requirements? Unsure if a donation is eligible? Still haven’t received your tax-exempt status? Need to update your payment info? I’m here to help!
Topics I Cover:
- Reviewing your match documentation
- Ensuring match or bonus eligibility
- Anything related to the payment process, including fiscal sponsorship, IRS status, or updating bank information