Schedule Office Hours
NewsMatch serves newsrooms with a range of experience with running fundraising campaigns. In order to support newsrooms of all sizes and capabilities, we are providing one-on-one sessions with people who could help you think through a specific problem or case.
Keep in mind ...
More than 300 organizations are participating in NewsMatch 2022. To ensure we can serve as many organizations as possible, we ask that you follow the session rules below:
- State the goal of your session as clearly as possible. If you need to provide documentation, screenshots, or other information in advance, please send us an email. We will use this information to prepare a thoughtful response.
- Arrive on time. One-on-one sessions are only 25-minutes. We want to maximize the time we have together.
- Cancel or reschedule at least 24 hours in advance. No-shows or last-minute cancellations cause available time with a specialist to go unfilled. Out of consideration for other organizations that need assistance, please cancel or reschedule 24-hours in advance to allow the slot to be booked by someone else. No-shows will not be allowed to book another session.
- If it’s helpful to you, invite another team member to join! When booking, you will have the option to include additional people by listing their email addresses.
Run into any problems? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
General NewsMatch FAQ
I’m the program manager for NewsMatch. If you’re feeling overwhelmed about this year’s campaign and need help thinking through what to do next, book a time with me! I'm a cheerful checklist maker and enthusiastic program planner who can help you get your campaign in order.
Topics I cover:
- Managing your campaign (what to do when)
- Getting started
- Program eligibility
- General NewsMatch FAQs
Membership + Fundraising
I'm the Network Philanthropy Director at INN, supporting newsrooms by developing resources and offering one-on-one coaching to grow individual and institutional giving.
Previously, I served as director of institutional advancement for the Connecticut Public Broadcasting Network, where I managed the development department, working to fund collaborative journalism initiatives, track impact and raise revenue.
Topics I Cover:
- Donor prospecting and research
- Donor profiling
- Wealth screening
- Grant writing and grant management resources
- Assistance with individual giving and major gifts
- Board development resources
- Planned giving resources